Sunday 18 August 2013

The excitement of the September Issue!

Hi everyone
 
Here is a post for a lazy Sunday afternoon. Sofa (or sun lounger - depending on if the sun is out where you are?) cup of tea, chocolate and September Vogue.
 
September Vogue is in shops now.......I love September Vogue. It's fashion heaven!
 

Those of you who love fashion as much as I do will know that the September issue of Vogue is the largest issue of the year, as we get ready for transition into the new season. Yes, it is jam packed with adverts from all the major fashion houses - but I love these as much as the magazine itself! Even if you can't afford to buy designer, you can be sure the high street will have similar versions and the adverts provide such inspiration for putting together looks and pairing colours.
 
Just look at these adverts from September Vogue. So ladylike.... 
 
Clockwise from top left - Michael Kors, Christian Dior, Ralph Lauren, Tom Ford, prada, Burberry Prorsum, Loewe.
 

This is the time of the year that I start to look forward to the new season and start getting excited about buying my new winter coat, gloves and boots etc....
 
The UK September Vogue tells us that pink will be on trend for Fall Winter 2013- fine by me!
 

And while we are discussing September Vogue.... I should just mention that if you are interested in how a major fashion magazine is put together, or if you are totally obsessed with Vogue editors Anna Wintour and Grace Coddington (like I am!), then the documentary "The September Issue" is a must watch (or a great gift for a fellow fashionista!). Filmed in 2009, it is a documentary following the process of the bumper issue of the magazine going to press.
 

Currently available on Amazon - buy here
 
Sometimes I wish I was not so obsessed by Vogue magazine….. But then I would not have an ever increasing collection of fashion magazines that seem to take over my house! 

Enjoy your Sunday!
 
Thank you for reading x
 
"When I die I want to go to Vogue" David Bailey.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment