Sunday 1 September 2013

True Blue - Is it the end of the summer? OOTD

It's the first of September and the temperature has dropped this weekend, causing me to have the end of summer blues!

I love the summer because I love dressing up, and I am definitely more comfortable in skirts and dresses than I am in trousers. In the summer it is easy to take a dress that started life as one of your best party dresses, and dress it down to give it a new lease of life.

This dress was from Oasis (2 years ago) and whilst it is still nice enough for a night out in high heels, I now like to wear it with flat gold sandals, a scruffy ponytail and an over-sized day bag to give it a more casual feel, but you can only get away with this when the sun is out! (As it was last week when I wore this outfit)

Check out Polyvore for Blue one-shoulder dresses for all budgets here


 
To accessorise I have added a vintage style waist belt.
Top tip- Keep an eye out for these all year around. Especially during the sales as it is a great time to pick up unusual colours that end up reduced.
I got this cobalt blue belt in the River Island sale for about £5! I knew it would be a great way to finish off an outfit, so I grabbed it.

Similar online here
Some other waist belts I love online here and here

 

I never worry about wearing dresses during the day time. I would rather be overdressed than underdressed.

Let's hope we have a sunny September; and if you can - take those dresses out for one last outing!

Thank you for reading x


1 comment: